Rule of DACG
Adopted on October 15, 2014
Article 1: Name
This Division of the Association of Asia Pacific Physical Society (AAPPS) shall be called the Division of Astrophysics, Cosmology and Gravitation (DACG), and shall be called "the Division".
Article 2: Objective
The Division aims to promote the advancement and dissemination of the knowledge, applications of astrophysics, cosmology and gravitation, and to coordinate the activities in the Asia Pacific region endorsed by the Division and to organize the APPC session or satellite meeting of AAPPS.
Article 3: Membership
Members of the Division shall consist of scientists wishing to have membership of this division subject to recommendations by two members (initially two core members). Member shall be responsible to inform one's name, affiliation, E-mail address to the Division Secretary. Division Membership may be removed in case of one's request or loss of long-term communication or one's misconduct judged by the Division Officers.
Article 4: Executive Committee
- 4.1 Governance
- The Division shall have an Executive Committee (EXCO) which shall elect the Chair and Vice-Chairs, within the EXCO, and shall be the final decision-making body, including the division rule and the revision of the rule. The Division Officers shall carry out decisions and policies decided by the EXCO, and shall have general charge of the affairs of the Division.
- 4.2 Composition of EXCO
- The EXCO shall consist of representatives from the member societies of AAPPS and the elected Division Officers. There shall be more than twenty representatives from the member societies of AAPPS, recommended either by the societies or by the representing communities. Here the "representatives" does not necessarily mean that they are officially approved by the member society to which they belong, but they may be representatives of relevant communities associated with the member society.The number of representatives from each society shall not be more than one-fourth of the EXCO. The number of the EXCO is subject to the progress of the Division.
- 4.3 EXCO meeting
- EXCO shall have the EXCO meeting at least once a year, either by face or by other means including E-mail. At the APPC, the EXCO shall have the face-to-face EXCO meeting.
- 4.4 Terms of EXCO
- The term of EXCO is 3 years with possible extensions of one term and an additional term for the Division Officers elected by the previous EXCO.
Article 5: Division Officers
- 5.1 Officers of the Division
- The Division Officers shall consist of the Chair, Vice-Chairs, Secretary, or Treasurer, and the number of Officers shall be decided by the EXCO.
- 5.2 Terms of Division Officers
- The term of Division Officers is 3 years with possible extensions if one's role as a Division Officer is changed.
- 5.3 Duties of the Chair
- The Chair shall represent the Division and shall chair the EXCO meeting. The Chair shall appoint the Secretary, and the Treasurer if necessary. The Chair shall form Advisory Committee, Program Committee, and other committees if necessary. The Chair shall have general charge of the affairs of the Division and shall regularly report activities to the AAPPS Council by presence or writing.
- 5.4 Duties of the Vice Chairs
- Vice-Chairs shall assist the Chair in coordinating the activities or reporting the activities to AAPPS.
- The Vice-Chair in charge of the next APPC session shall be responsible for the local arrangement of the next APPC session or satellite meeting, and the communication to the local organizing committee of APPC.
- 5.5 Division Secretary
- Division Secretary shall be responsible for the membership management, information dissemination to the Division members, the arrangement of the EXCO meetings, and other matters as necessary.
Article 6: Standing Committees
- 1. Advisory Committee
- The Division Chair shall form an advisory committee for advice to the Division management, which may consist of distinguished scientists in the division fields, former division chairs related to this Division, and those who have contributed the promotion of the division fields. The Chair shall nominate candidates for the Advisory Committee, and the EXCO approves the nomination by simple majority.
- 2. Program Committee
- The Program Committee shall be responsible for the program of astrophysics, cosmology and gravitation for the APPC or for satellite meeting of APPC or for workshop/conference in the division area hosted by AAPPS. The Program committee may coordinate the activities in the Asia Pacific region endorsed by the Division.
- 3. Other Committees
- The EXCO may form other committees as necessary.